Corporate Development Branch
The Corporate Development Branch provides central administrative and management support to Hongkong Post. Its main functions include:
- provision of human resource support including recruitment, training and development of staff;
- implementing and maintaining information systems;
- provision of finance and accounting functions, including costing, budgetary control, producing financial forecasts, procurement, supplies and compiling corporate and business plans;
- formulating and implementing strategies on postal facilities, including post offices and postal mechanization;
- overseeing maintenance and repair work of premises;
- handling matters relating to public relations, personal data and environmental protection; and
- formulating strategies on customer service.
Postal Services Branch
The Postal Services Branch is the operational arm of Hongkong Post. The role of this Branch is to oversee the provision of postal services to the community according to pledged standards. Its main functions include:
- operating an extensive counter network for the provision of postal services;
- handling the mail collection, processing and distribution functions for all local, incoming and outgoing mails;
- formulating strategies on productivity improvement and health and safety; and
- review on operations organisation.
Business Development Branch
The Business Development Branch is the commercial arm of Hongkong Post. The role of the Branch is to formulate business strategies and plans for developing and sustaining the competitiveness and viability of the services provided by Hongkong Post. Its main functions include:
- formulating and implementing business strategies to grow the traffic and revenue of Speedpost, Local and International Mail, and Retail and Logistics businesses;
- cultivating and consolidating customer relationship; and
- monitoring the performance of service provider for e-Cert service.