- Mail delivery services (including that for Speedpost items) and posting box collection will be maintained on alternate days; taking into account the risk associated with the increasing number of buildings with confirmed cases and the need of local residents to receive mail, Hongkong Post will deliver mail to the letter boxes in the lobbies of these buildings twice a week, and door delivery service will continue to be suspended until a building concerned is removed from the list of buildings with confirmed cases within the past 14 days;
- The postal service arrangements for Wong Tai Sin District, where the epidemic has remained relatively severe, will remain the same as those of last week, i.e. door delivery services will be suspended. Post offices situated in the district will continue to be suspended from service. This includes Choi Hung Chuen Post Office, Chuk Yuen Post Office, Fu Shan Post Office, Lok Fu Post Office, Ngau Chi Wan Post Office, Tsz Wan Shan Post Office and Wong Tai Sin Post Office;
- For the special arrangement for posting of franked Mails during services suspension of post offices situated in Wong Tai Sin District, please refer to www.hongkongpost.hk/filemanager/common/about_us/whats_new/notices/2020/20200801a/special_arrangement_wts_en.pdf;
- A postman working for Wan Chai Delivery Office was confirmed as having COVID-19 on August 3. Wan Chai Post Office is closed through to August 15 for thorough cleaning and sterilisation. All other post offices will maintain their normal opening hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but their closing hours will be advanced to 4pm. Mobile post offices will be suspended from service.;
- Bulk Acceptance Counter at Central Mail Centre will be open for service from 11am to 5pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; and
- For opening hours of Post Office Box lobbies, please refer to www.hongkongpost.hk/filemanager/common/about_us/whats_new/notices/2020/20200808a/pob_lobby_en.pdf.
For mail items to be collected from July 20, their retention periods will be deferred for 14 working days. During this period, any storage fees incurred after the free retention period of a mail item, if applicable, will be exempted. The above arrangement will be implemented until further notice.
Due to the adjustment of business hours of post offices, members of the public requiring counter services may expect longer waiting times. As a result of the above special arrangements, services of local and inbound mail will be subject to delay. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
For further enquiry, please call the Hongkong Post enquiry hotline at 2921 2222.