Latest Sales Arrangements for Special Stamp Issue: “Hong Kong Theme Park – Ocean Park Hong Kong”
The Special Stamp Issue: “Hong Kong Theme Park – Ocean Park Hong Kong” is scheduled for release on 18 August 2020. To strike a balance between the customers’ demand for philatelic services and the latest development of the epidemic, Hongkong Post now revise the sales arrangements for this set of special stamps and associated philatelic products as follows:
Sales and Advance Orders Collection Arrangements
- All post offices will be closed on 18 August 2020 (Tuesday). Counter sales and collection of advance orders of this set of special stamps will not be available on that day.
- This set of special stamps and associated products will be available at all post offices Note1 starting from 19 August 2020 (Wednesday). Please refer to the latest issue of “Philatelic Link” (stamps.hongkongpost.hk/newsletter) for details.
- This set of special stamps and associated products (except First Day Cover & postcard) will be put on sale at "ShopThruPost" (Shopthrupost.hongkongpost.hk) starting from 8:00 a.m. on 19 August 2020 (Wednesday).
- Customers who have previously ordered this set of special stamps and associated products on or before 5 May 2020 could collect their orders at the designated post offices Note 1 starting from 19 August 2020 (Wednesday). For post offices with higher flow of customer, there is a need to arrange customers to collect their orders in batches. Please pay attention to the collection date upon the receipt of the collection notice.
- A new round of advance order service has commenced on 4 August 2020 and will last until 18 August 2020, with both days inclusive, for customers to place additional orders for this set of special stamps and associated philatelic products.
- Customers can acquire an exceptional set of serviced first day cover with special stamps and postmarks of all 38 philatelic offices without the need of visiting the actual outlets.
Customers can place orders via Hongkong Post Stamps website (stamps.hongkongpost.hk), and they will be notified separately of the collection date for their orders newly placed as above.
- No hand-back date-stamping service will be provided at all post offices on 18 August 2020 (Tuesday) and 19 August 2020 (Wednesday).
- On 19 August 2020 (Wednesday), collection points will be set up at all post offices Note 1 to facilitate the submission of first day covers or other philatelic products requesting date-stamping service with the special postmark “Hong Kong Theme Park – Ocean Park Hong Kong” (bearing the date of 18 August). We will notify these customers of the collection date of their orders separately.
- For customers who wish to apply for stamp affixing or datestamping services, Hongkong Post will specially provide the datestamping service with the special postmark, “Philatelic Bureau” postmark or the “Origin” post office, i.e. Aberdeen Post Office No. 1 Postmark Note 2. Customers may obtain the specially designed application form at the Philatelic Bureau Counter located on 1/F of General Post Office and submit the completed form together with the relevant self-provided cover or postcard on or before 17 August 2020 (Monday). Philatelic Bureau will handle these applications flexibly and notify customers of the collection date separately.
For enquiries, please call the Philatelic Bureau Enquiry Hotline at 2785 5711.
Note 1: Subject to the opening arrangements of individual offices.
Note 2: The datestamping service with the Aberdeen Post Office No. 1 postmark is an exceptional arrangement for this special stamp issue. It does not apply to other special stamp issues to be issued.