Latest updates on handling arrangements for mail items of UK student visas
A spokesman for Hongkong Post said today (September 13) that, as learnt from the visa processing centre, the processing and collection of United Kingdom (UK) student visas has generally returned to normal. Moreover, most of the addressees have recently chosen the normal delivery service for their items.
In view of this, Hongkong Post announced today that the temporary arrangements for collection of mail items of UK student visas will cease to operate with effect from this Saturday (September 16). The detailed arrangements are as follows:
- For items collected from the visa processing centre before midnight on this Friday (September 15), Hongkong Post will continue to:
- call the addressees (if they have provided their telephone number on the delivery form) to arrange for collection at the General Post Office (GPO) or normal delivery of their mail items; and
- update the "List of mail items waiting for collection by/delivery to the addressees" on the Hongkong Post website.
- For items collected from the visa processing centre from 0.00am this Saturday (September 16) onwards, Hongkong Post will make the following arrangements:
- there will be no calls to the addressees;
- the mail items concerned will not be uploaded to the "List of mail items waiting for collection by/delivery to the addressees";
- the mail items concerned will be delivered in accordance with the normal Local CourierPost service (i.e. the mail items will be delivered on the next working day after receipt by Hongkong Post). The addressees can check the handling status of their mail items by entering the Local CourierPost item number on the mail tracking page of the Hongkong Post website www.hongkongpost.hk/en/mail_tracking/index.html. The addressees can also call the Hongkong Post Mail Tracking Hotline 2921 2211 (which operates from Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 7pm, and Saturdays from 9am to 5pm), if necessary.
- The temporary counter Number 30 on 1/F of the GPO for collection of UK student visas and the temporary hotline (Tel: 2104 7304) set up for this special arrangement will continue to operate until 8pm this Friday (September 15). From this Saturday (September 16) onwards, addressees who have chosen to collect their student visas at the GPO can go to counter Number 29 on 1/F of the GPO (which operates from Mondays to Saturdays from 8am to 6pm).
- The "List of mail items waiting for collection by/delivery to the addressees" will be removed from the Hongkong Post website with effect from this Saturday (September 16).
From September 6 to today, more than 1 400 recipients have collected their UK student visas at the temporary counter on 1/F of the GPO, while over 1 000 mail items have been successfully delivered. In addition, about 700 enquiries have been answered via Hongkong Post's temporary hotline.
Hongkong Post calls on addressees who have arranged to collect their student visas at the GPO to visit as soon as possible. For enquiries, please visit the Hongkong Post website (www.hongkongpost.hk).