Application for refund of postage difference for 'Conveyance of Air Mail by Surface Route' is only applicable under the following conditions:
- Mail Category: ordinary airmail, insured airmail, registered air mail, air parcel, e-Express items, iMail, International Periodicals, Bulk Air Mail, Bulk Lightweight Mail (Air)
- Destinations: Israel, Japan, Korea, Greece, Ireland, the Netherlands, Spain, Canada, the United States of America, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil
- Date of posting: air mail (except Speedpost) which had been conveyed via surface route to the above-mentioned destinations on or after 18 February 2020 (subject to destination and mail category, please click here for the latest arrangement)
- Application for refund of postage difference for 'Conveyance of Air Mail by Surface Route' must be made within 5 months from the date of posting.
- The eligibility to apply refund of postage difference is subject to the final shipping mode of the mail. The application will not be considered if the mail was sent by air.
You may also fill the attached form and submit via the website
Submission of Completed Form
|Mailing Address:||Hongkong Post Mail Tracing Office
12/F, Kennedy Town Community Complex
12 Rock Hill Street
Kennedy Town, Hong Kong
|In Person to:||Any Post Office|
|By Fax to:||2543 0469|
Important Note from Hongkong Post
To expedite the processing of your refund application, we may contact you for verification of information upon receipt of the completed application form. It may take around 8 weeks' time or more to process your application. Thank you for your patience.
If you encounter any difficulty, please e-mail to the Mail Tracing Office at email@example.com or contact us at 2921 2211. (office hours:Mon -Fri 9am -7pm, Sat 9am -5pm, except Sunday and public holidays)
* The personal data you provide by means of this form will be used by Hongkong Post for processing your application.
* You have a right of access and correction with respect of personal data as provided for in sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule I of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Your right of access includes the right to obtain a copy of your personal data provided by this form.