The postage rates of bulk posting of lightweight mail items (air) should be applied if the following conditions are met :-
- Bulk posting of lightweight items not exceeding 150g sent to Croatia, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, the Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, or Viet Nam; AND
- Posting of 1,500 items or more per day, or 5,000 items or more over a 2-week period to addressees in the same destination by a single mailer.
Normal postage rates of other services including Bulk Air Mail service and Air Mail service will not be applicable to the above circumstances.
The service comes with the following features:
Most of the service features are the same as that for Bulk Air Mail service, i.e.
- The minimum weight for each mail bag in the same posting is 7 kg.
- We will accept mail bags with weight below 7 kg but the postage, which is based on the calculation of the per item and per kg rate upon posting, will be levied as if the mail bag had a weight of 7kg.
- Each bag: 30 kg (20 kg for United Kingdom and Switzerland)
- Posting method -- permit mailing.
- Permit mailing account on the posting statement will be used for identification in the same posting. Mail bearing the same permit mailing account will be regarded as the same posting. For example, mail sent in different consignments bearing the same permit mailing account will be counted as the same posting.
- Items (not exceeding 150g for each item) destined for a single destination or city (Office of Exchange) should be contained in a mail bag.
- For mail of bulk posting of lightweight mail items (air), all are required to be presorted to mail format on top of destination country or city (Office of Exchange), if applicable ((please click here to refer to “Classification of Mail by Format” for details). Otherwise, it will be charged with the postage rate of Packet (E). Packet (E) should be sorted into bags separated from bags containing Small Letter (P) and Large Letter (G).
- An abbreviation (PG) should be indicated on the labels of a bag containing only Small Letter (P) and Large Letter (G). For mail bags containing only Packet (E), an abbreviation (E) should be indicated on the bag label.
The cover of individual items should bear
- the full address of the recipient, including post codes (if applicable).
- an airmail label or airmail indication.
- Mail should not bear a non-Hong Kong return address or enclose mails sent on behalf of other senders in Hong Kong.
- Senders must settle any underpaid postage and related charges. Should the administration of destination discover any underpaid item, we have the right to claim the underpaid postage in accordance with the regulations of the Universal Postal Union.
- Hongkong Post reserves the right to claim from the sender the bulk lightweight charges applied by destination postal administration(s). For details, please refer to the terms of service of Bulk Air Mail.
- Varies according to different destinations indicated on "Postage Rates and Services - Section 8 : Air Mail Latest Times of Posting and Delivery Standard (POS 15)" of www.hongkongpost.hk
Despatch outward bulk air mail items, posted before the advertised latest time for posting, to the designated air carrier, subject to availability of flights
- Non-peak periods (March to October) – Within 3 working days
- Peak periods (November to February) – Within 7 working days
- Sundays and public holidays are excluded for the purpose of determining the date of posting for mail items and for performance measurement under the performance pledges.
Charges (Effective from 1 January 2020)Open/collapse
The postage rates for Bulk Posting of Lightweight Mail Items (Air) will be adjusted for all destinations effective from 1 January 2020. Please click here to see the extract of the postage rates.
Mail are required to be presorted to mail format on top of destination country or city (Office of Exchange), if applicable (please refer to “Classification of Mail by Format” for details). Otherwise, it will be charged with the postage rate of Packet (E). Packet (E) should be sorted into bags separated from bags containing Small Letter (P) and Large Letter (G).
||Apply to the Postmaster General (Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Hong Kong) beforehand to use the permit mail service.
||Prepare the bulk posting statement on the “EC-Ship” on-line portal (ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk).
||Collect postal stationery, i.e. mail bags and bag labels from the bulk acceptance offices for preparation of mail prior to posting.
||Post mail at a designated bulk acceptance office.
||Make payment either through a Hongkong Post deposit account or in cash, EPS or cheques (by prior arrangement with the Director (Finance)) at the time of posting.
||You will receive transaction summary after posting.
||30 kg (20 kg for United Kingdom and Switzerland)
||Not exceeding 150 g
Hong Kong Island
- General Post Office
- King's Road
- Morrison Hill
- Central Mail Centre
- Wong Tai Sin
- Tsim Sha Tsui
- Cheung Sha Wan
- Kowloon City
- Sha Tin Central
- Yuen Long
- Shek Wu Hui
- Kwai Fong
- Tsuen Wan
- Tai Po
- Tuen Mun Central
- Sai Kung
Please click here to see the bulk posting acceptance hours.