Bulk Posting of Lightweight Mail Items (Surface)
The postage rates of bulk posting of lightweight mail items (surface) should be applied if the following conditions are met :-
- Bulk posting of lightweight surface items not exceeding 150g sent to Croatia, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Macao, New Zealand, the Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, or Viet Nam; AND
- Posting of 1,500 items or more per day, or 5,000 items or more over a 2-week period to addressees in the same destination by a single mailer.
Normal postage rates of Surface Mail service will not be applicable to the above circumstances.
The service comes with the following features:
Except the followings 2 items, most of the service features are the same as Bulk Air Mail service.
- no minimum weight requirement per each mail item;
- surface mail bags, bag labels and posting forms should be used.
- Each bag: 30 kg (20 kg for United Kingdom and Switzerland)
- Posting method – permit mailing
- Permit mailing account on the posting statement will be used for identification in the same posting. Mail bearing the same permit mailing account will be regarded as the same posting. For example, mail sent in different consignments bearing the same permit mailing account will be counted as the same posting
- Items (not exceeding 150g for each item) destined for a single destination or city (Office of Exchange) should be contained in a mail bag.
- For mail of bulk posting of lightweight mail items (surface), all are required to be presorted to mail format on top of destination country or city (Office of Exchange), if applicable (please click here to refer to “Classification of Mail by Format” for details). Otherwise, it will be charged with the postage rate of Packet (E).
- Packet (E) should be sorted into bags separated from bags containing Small Letter (P) and Large Letter (G). An abbreviation (PG) should be indicated on the label of a bag containing only Small Letter (P) and Large Letter (G). For mail bags containing only Packet (E), an abbreviation (E) should be indicated on the bag label.
- The cover of individual items should bear full address of the recipient, including post codes (if applicable).
- Mail items should not bear a return address located outside Hong Kong or enclose mails sent on behalf of other senders in Hong Kong in the consignment.
- Senders are required to settle any underpaid postage and related charges. Should there be any underpaid items found by the administration of destination, Hongkong Post has the right to claim the underpaid postage in accordance with the regulations of the Universal Postal Union.
- Hongkong Post reserves the right to claim from the sender the bulk lightweight charges applied by the destination postal administration(s). For details, please refer to the terms of service of Bulk Air Mail.
- Mail items should not contain prohibited items. If Hongkong Post finds that the mail items belong to prohibited items, or cannot be delivered for any reason, the mail items will be returned to the sender. Under this situation, application for refund of postage will not be accepted. The sender must bear the responsibility for the losses incurred by non-compliance with relevant posting requirements.
Estimated Delivery Time
- Varies according to different destinations indicated on "Postage Rates and Services - Section 8 : Air Mail Latest Times of Posting and Estimated Delivery Time (POS 15)" of www.hongkongpost.hk
Latest Dates of Posting for Forthcoming Surface Despatches
Please click here to see the extract of the postage rates.
Mail are required to be presorted to mail format on top of destination country or city (Office of Exchange), if applicable (please refer to “Classification of Mail by Format” for details). Otherwise, it will be charged with the postage rate of Packet (E). Packet (E) should be sorted into bags separated from bags containing Small Letter (P) and Large Letter (G).
||Apply to the Postmaster General (Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Hong Kong) beforehand to use permit mail service.
||Prepare the bulk posting statement on the “EC-Ship” on-line portal (ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk).
||Collect postal stationery, i.e. mail bags and bag labels from the bulk acceptance offices to prepare mail for posting.
||Post mail at a designated bulk acceptance office.
||Make payment either through a Hongkong Post deposit account or in cash, EPS or cheques (by prior arrangement with the Director (Finance)) at the time of posting.
||You will receive a transaction summary after posting.
||30 kg (20 kg for United Kingdom and Switzerland)
||Not exceeding 150 g
Hong Kong Island
- General Post Office
- King's Road
- Morrison Hill
- Central Mail Centre
- Wong Tai Sin
- Tsim Sha Tsui
- Cheung Sha Wan
- Kowloon City
- Sha Tin Central
- Yuen Long
- Shek Wu Hui
- Kwai Fong
- Tsuen Wan
- Tai Po
- Tuen Mun Central
- Sai Kung
Please click here to see the bulk posting acceptance hours.