If you are a publisher based in Hong Kong, it may be worthwhile use our Direct Agent Bag service. This service is available to customers who frequently post certain materials (large number of newspapers or periodicals; or books, maps or pamphlets) to one addressee or agent outside Hong Kong, provided that such mails is printed and published in Hong Kong.
The service comes with the following features:
- Posting method - permit mailing
- We accept newspaper, periodicals, books, pamphlets or maps printed and published in Hong Kong, sent to one addressee or agent overseas. Articles may be affixed or combined with the accompanying printed papers.
- Bags addressed to an agent must not contain any item addressed to any person or firm other than the agent.
- The following articles affixed to or combined with the accompanying printed papers are admissible, provided that they are related to the printed papers with which they are being mailed. The weight of each article must not exceed 2 kg. Customs Declaration, i.e. CN22 or CN23 has to be prepared as appropriate.
- disks, tapes and cassettes;
- commercial samples shipped by manufacturers and distributors; or
- other non-dutiable commercial articles or information materials that are not subject to resale.
Canada does not accept or handle direct agents bags containing audio-visual articles or information material received from other destinations.
Make Up Arrangement
- The bag or bags for an agent should be made up and handed over to the Post Office. In addition, you should affix, under Hongkong Post bag label, a white label not smaller than 140 mm x 90 mm bearing the full name and address of the agent and the name and address of the sender.
- The label must be made of sufficiently rigid canvas, strong cardboard, parchment, plastic material or paper glued to wood and must be provided with an eyelet. An additional copy of the white label should be enclosed in each bag for reference in case the bag label becomes detached in transit.
- Bags addressed to an agent must not contain any packet addressed to any person or firm other than the agent.
- The senders of all Direct Agents Bags are required to arrange for their agents to deliver the empty mail bags to the nearest Post Office for return to Hong Kong. They will be returned without charge.
Postage Paid Indicator
- The cover of any article posted under the Direct Agents Bag service must bear a printed or stamped indicator similar to that shown below :-
- The indicator must be shown in bold letters in a clearly drawn frame measuring 40 mm x 20mm. It may be printed or stamped in any colour provided it is distinctive, and not glaring, vivid or dazzling in effect. When it is used on an envelope, the indicator must be printed at top right within 40 mm of the top edge.
- An individual Permit Number, which must be incorporated in the indicator, will be allocated to each user upon application for the service
- Varies according to different destinations indicated on "Postage Rates and Services - Section 8 : Latest Times of Posting and Delivery Standard (POS 15)"
| ||All Territories|
|Rate per kg
|Minimum charge for each bag (except residual bag)
($420 for Finland, Iceland, Switzerland and United Kingdom)
|Minimum charge for residual bag
How to use the service
||Apply to the Postmaster General (Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Hong Kong) beforehand to use permit mail service.
||Prepare the bulk posting statement on the “EC-Ship” on-line portal (ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk)
||Collect postal stationery, i.e. mail bags and bag labels from the bulk acceptance offices to prepare mail for posting.
||Post mails at a designated bulk acceptance office.
||Make payment either through a Hongkong Post deposit account or in cash, EPS or cheques (by prior arrangement with the Director (Finance)) at the time of posting.
||You will receive a transaction summary receipt after posting.
||30 kg (20 kg for Finland, Iceland, Switzerland and United Kingdom)
Hong Kong Island
- Central Mail Centre
- Tsim Sha Tsui
Please click here to see the bulk posting acceptance hours.