Smart Post is a value-added service for domestic delivery of ordinary mail. This service provides a function of checking the delivery status. You will receive an email or SMS notification once the mail item is successfully delivered to the recipient’s address or picked up from the designated post office.
Service Options at your choice
- Mail Delivery Service – Enjoy our reliable and high standard domestic delivery. You may also choose delivery to "iPostal Station" for Packet format mail items.
- Counter Collection Service – Need to save time? The sender can choose any of our post offices (except mobile post offices) for pick-up by the addressee. The addressee (or an agent) can pick up the Smart Post item with a personal passcode together with the item no. at the designated post office instead of waiting for delivery at home or workplace.
- Our 24/7 online platform (ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk) lets you set your posting information at your convenience (including preparation of address pack slip).
- 24/7 online checking of the item’s status, providing information on the posting of an item and its delivery/collection result.
- The sender and recipient will receive an email/SMS notification with the delivery status on the same day of successful delivery.
- Item posted before the cut-off time of the day will be delivered the next working day*. Working days exclude Sundays, public holidays, and the days when Black Rainstorm Warning or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above are hoisted.
- Simpler and lower cost alternative to local registration service.
|Weight not over||30g||50g||100g||150g||200g||250g||500g||1kg||2kg|
|Mail Delivery Service
(Unit charge per item)
|Counter Collection Service
(Unit charge per item)
- Sender registers at the "EC-ship" online platform (ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk).
- Select Mail Delivery Service or Counter Collection Service.
- Select online payment or payment at "EC-ship" acceptance office*.
- Print out the address pack slip and stick it on the mail item.
- Visit any of our EC-Ship acceptance offices* for posting the item. Don’t drop it into a posting box!
- The list of acceptance office is available at ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk.
Size and Weight Limits
||2kg or below
||Same as the size limit of Local Mail (Letters and Packets).