Smart Post is a value-added ordinary mail service for domestic delivery. Basic online tracking is available for this service. You will receive an e-mail or SMS notification when your mail item has been successfully delivered to the recipient’s address or picked up at the designated post office.
Service Options at your choice
- Mail Delivery Service – Enjoy our reliable and high standard domestic delivery. You may also choose delivery to "iPostal Station" for Packet format mail items.
- Counter Collection Service – Need to save time? The sender can choose any of our post offices (except mobile post offices) for pick-up by the addressee. The addressee (or an agent) can pick up the Smart Post item with a personal passcode together with the item no. at the designated post office instead of waiting for delivery at home or workplace.
- Our 24/7 online platform (ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk) lets you set your posting information at your convenience (including preparation of address pack slip).
- 24/7 online tracking. Basic tracking information of item posting and delivery/collection result is available.
- An email/SMS notification with the basic tracking information will be sent to the sender and the recipient on the same day of the successful delivery.
- Item posted before the cut-off time of the day will be delivered the next working day*. Working days exclude Sundays, public holidays, and the days when Black Rainstorm Warning or Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above are hoisted.
- Simpler and lower cost alternative to local registration service.
|Weight not over||30g||50g||100g||150g||200g||250g||500g||1kg||2kg|
|Mail Delivery Service
(Unit charge per item)
|Counter Collection Service
(Unit charge per item)
- Sender registers at the "EC-ship" online platform (ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk).
- Select Mail Delivery Service or Counter Collection Service.
- Select online payment or payment at "EC-ship" acceptance office*.
- Print out the address pack slip and stick it on the mail item.
- Visit any of our EC-Ship acceptance offices* for posting the item. Don’t drop it into a posting box!
- The list of acceptance office is available at ec-ship.hongkongpost.hk.
Size and Weight Limits
||2kg or below
||Same as the size limit of Local Mail (Letters and Packets).