Posting Date: 22 November 2022
SENIOR MANAGER (INFORMATION SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT / E-SERVICES DEVELOPMENT)
(Around 910,000 per annum + gratuity)
- To manage IT projects in respect of system analysis, design, enhancement, operation, production support and maintenance activities;
- To determine the budget of IT projects, skills and other resource requirements for project implementation;
- To lead a project team to achieve the planned project results according to the committed schedule;
- To coordinate related activities in IT projects and develop user requirements for system enhancement and support;
- To communicate with internal users to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions;
- To ensure that the projects meet internal and external users’ expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery schedules and requirements;
- To monitor the performance of the outsourcing contractors in delivering the required services;
- To provide expert advice and support in resolving the technical issues of IT projects; and
- To monitor and control the budget of IT projects.
- A Hong Kong bachelor’s degree in IT or computer studies, or equivalent;
- A minimum of eight years’ post-qualification working experience in the IT field, of which a minimum of two years should be in project management in the IT field, or equivalent;
- Solid hands-on experience in implementing and maintaining large-scale computer systems for counter operation, logistics services, postal services or similar businesses;
- At least three years’ solid working experience in implementing and maintaining online e-services with complicated business logics and multiple system interfaces for serving the general public, customers, suppliers, business partners and/or employees;
- Proficient in one or more of the following areas and must be in a leading role:
PRINCE Project Management; Web/Oracle Application Development; Mobile Application Development; Government Procurement;
- Good interpersonal and persuasive skills in managing multiple stakeholders to adopt an IT solution effectively to meet business and operational targets;
- Level 2 (Grade E before 2007) or above in both Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B before 2007) in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
- Resume must provide career history as well as skills and experience in chronological order;
- Good verbal/written and interpersonal communication skills in both Chinese and English; and
- Diligent, with great initiative and good analytical and problem solving abilities.
Terms of appointment:
- 2-year contract;
- Monthly salary $65,080;
- Discretionary performance pay up to about 1 month’s salary in every six months;
- 14 days’ annual leave; and
- Gratuity payable plus Hongkong Post’s MPF contributions equivalent to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
- Completed application form (GF340(Rev.3/2013)) together with a resume and detailed description of the duties of previous and present employment should be sent to the Personnel and Appointments Section, 4/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central or submitted through the drop box placed at 1/F, Hongkong Post Headquarters, 2 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong (opening hours: Monday to Friday – 7:30am to 6:30pm and Saturday – 7:30am to 1:30pm, except Sunday and public holidays) on or before 5 December 2022. Application forms can be obtained from District Offices of the Home Affairs Department and Job Centres of the Labour Department, or downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s internet website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applications that are incomplete, without a resume and the required supporting documents will not be considered.
- Successful candidates are expected to assume duties in February 2023. Those who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks from the closing date for application should consider their applications unsuccessful.
- Candidates appointed must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
- As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
- Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
- The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
- Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise short-listing criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only short-listed candidates will be invited to attend the recruitment examination and/or interview.
- It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities”.
- Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above address.
- For enquiry, please call 2921 2975.
- Posting Date: 22 November 2022