When you are moving home or office, it is important to update your friends and relatives or relevant organisations of your new contact address. Mail Redirection Service is a supplementary service which enables you to arrange for your mail to be redirected to a new contact address during the transitional period. Hongkong Post will not be liable to any errors occur in delivering the service.
Please refer to the details below for applying for the Mail Redirection Service.
- Category of Redirection
- No additional charge to letter post items posted locally, abroad by air or surface and redirected to a local address.
- For letter post items posted locally to be redirected to an overseas address by surface, the recipient will be required to settle the difference between the postage paid in Hong Kong and the foreign rate of postage with the destination’s postal administration.
- No additional charge to letter post items posted abroad by air or surface and redirected abroad by surface.
- No additional charge to aerogrammes, airmail letters, airmail postcards and packets, posted abroad and redirected abroad by air.
- Redirection of Parcels*
- No additional charge to parcels posted locally and redirected locally.
- Fresh postage to the new destination will be charged to parcels (posted locally or abroad) redirected abroad by air or surface and appropriate despatch documents should be supplied.
- Items excluded from the service
- Letter post items posted locally cannot be redirected abroad by air.
- Letter post items posted abroad by surface cannot be redirected abroad by air (They will be redirected to overseas by surface with no additional charge).
- Literature for the Blind and promotional items, such as catalogues, pamphlets and marketing materials posted abroad by air cannot be redirected abroad by air (they will be redirected to overseas by surface with no additional charge).
|For the first 3 months
|For each 6 months thereafter
|For each business user
|For each private user
Preparation of applications
- Please fill in the to apply for the redirection of mail service.
- An applicant shall state his/her/its name in both English and Chinese (if applicable) as it appears on the applicant’s identity document in the space provided in the application form (Pos 800) as follows:-
- In the case of an individual, the English alphabet and the first 3 digits of his/her Hong Kong identity card (or the birth certificate number in the case of an individual who is under the age of 11 at the time of submission of the application) or passport (whichever applicable); or
- In cases other than an individual, the number of its latest valid Business Registration Certificate.
- If there is more than one applicant under an application form, an applicant shall be nominated as the principal applicant in Section III of the application form (Pos 800) who shall apply for the redirection services for and on behalf of all applicants under that application form and sign in Section VIII of the application form (Pos 800). The principal applicant shall have the requisite authority to apply for the redirection service for and on behalf of the applicant(s).
- In the case of an individual, the principal applicant shall sign in Section VIII of the application form (Pos 800).
- In cases other than an individual, the principal applicant shall stamp with the chop bearing its name in the space provided in Section VIII of the application form (Pos 800).
- Each application shall be in respect of one old address and one new address only.
- An application shall be submitted within 3 months after removal. Valid proof of the old address issued within the last 3 months from the date of submission of the application shall be submitted together with the application. Hongkong Post will accept document, bill or correspondence issued by a Government department or bank or utilities. The document should include the name and address of the applicant, the name of issuing organization and the issue date. Proof of address in photocopy, facsimile copy or digital copy (sent by mobile phone or computer) is accepted.
- If an applicant is an individual, a photocopy or digital copy of his/her identity document shall be submitted in the application.
- In cases other than an individual, a photocopy or digital copy of an applicant’s latest valid Business Registration Certificate shall be submitted in the application.
- If the principal applicant appoints an agent to submit the application, a photocopy or digital copy of the agent’s identity document shall be submitted.
Submission of applications
- The printed application form which can be obtained from any post office or the downloaded copy () from Hongkong Post website at www.hongkongpost.hk should be used.
- The form with payment of the precribed fee and supporting documents should preferably be handed in at any post office or posted to the Redirection Section, Wanchai Delivery Office, G/F Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong, not less than five working days before the redirection is due to commence.
- Once the service is effected, no refund nor partial refund will be made for the charges paid.
Upon the Commencement Date, the Principal Applicant may apply to extend the Service for and on behalf of all Applicants in the Application:-
(a) for a period of 6 or 12 months only if the Service is originally for a period of 3 months; or
(b) for a period of 6 months only if the Service is originally for a period of 9 months.
- No Service extension will be provided if the remaining period, in the maximum 15 consecutive months counting from the Commencement Date, is less than 6 months.
- Any application of Service extension shall be made at least 3 working days before the commencement date of the service extension.
- Please present the acknowledgement letter of Mail Redirection Service and settle payment at any post office, or send a crossed cheque payable to "Postmaster General" to the designated Mail Redirection Section as indicated at the top right corner of the acknowledgement letter. Please do not send cash through the post.
Frequently Asked Questions